Velocity Kernel v4.2 for 6.0.x* and 7.1.x ROMs [3.18.113, Quick-Charge, OC, CAF, F2FS, Faux-Sound]

Discussion in 'Kernel' started by Shoaib05, Jul 17, 2017.

1. anilsrj

anilsrj

Thankyou so much Shoaib, i flashed this kernal and noticed that device is heating
    and battery is draining soon, so in my thought 4.1 is better than 4.2.
    When you develop kernal for Oreo?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. AzharKazi

AzharKazi

Shoaib bhai, thoda Oreo p kaam karo, bs camera k vajah se hum m se koi bhi Oreo use nahi kar pa raha :(

3. Nik777

Nik777

Yes

4. Frozen_Lemon

Frozen_Lemon On to 13 :p ;) YUREKA Yuser Yureka Black YUser

And have you guys been able to figure out anything related to camera in O?

Vams likes this.
  5. Shoaib05

Shoaib05 An expert in anything was once a beginner. Recognized Developer YUREKA PLUS Yuser Yureka Black YUser

In next version, I'll surely re-add support for that driver. I didn't know that people outside India use this software. Since v4.0 of my Kernel, I removed every driver which is not used in India Variant of this Device to make the Kernel smaller and lighter.

BTW, how do you came to know about this Forum and this Device? Also, what's the progress of development for this Device in your forums?

Frozen_Lemon and Vams like this.
  6. Shoaib05

Shoaib05 An expert in anything was once a beginner. Recognized Developer YUREKA PLUS Yuser Yureka Black YUser

Hi,

As of now, Camera is just dead on Oreo. We have not been able to make it work yet. It is quite a strange issue on this Device only. So, I would recommend not to keep your hopes high regarding Camera on Oreo. Although, I and a few others are still active regarding Camera issue, we can't give any ETA because we don't have any. Moreover, I am not going to work on this device much longer because I'll switch to a new device soon. I have already spent a lot of time with this device.

There is one good news though. I am working with @vjs pranav to make Nougat on our Device as perfect as we can. So, expect updates to the current Nougat Custom ROMs soon. I have been able to fix "Phone IDLE" Battery Drain BUG and this fix will be there in all the New Custom ROMs.

Thanks!

13mpguy, anilsrj, Poison-Fang and 4 others like this.
  7. Nik777

Nik777

This device has many clones, Wiko ufeel prime, Blu one x2 mini, yureka black, Sugar F7 mini, Smart hero II, Casper via M2, CECTDIGI U, Artel P5. Your community is the most developed in development. We have few developers on this device. Therefore, the most promising is the transition to your firmware, but for this we need your kernel and TWRP with synaptics_rmi4_i2c support.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  8. Nik777

Nik777

It seems that one of our developers managed to run the camera on Oreo, but I can not guarantee it to you 100%. According to his comments, he " updated the modem and configuration with nougat ", it also seems he used the Footej Camera app.

Frozen_Lemon, AzharKazi and Vams like this.
  9. Himanshu Sisodiya

Himanshu Sisodiya My life oscillates between android and music! YUPHORIA Yuser

It also seems that N 7.1.1 was released for this device in one of the country! Also, after going through 4pda, I assume that there are many firmwares launched in various models!

10. Himanshu Sisodiya

Himanshu Sisodiya My life oscillates between android and music! YUPHORIA Yuser

Almost all the custom ROMs I saw on 4pda have this kernel by default....!

11. Frozen_Lemon

If there's any link yo that build it'd be nice or maybe even sources.

And we tried all the things but camera isn't getting detected really.

12. AzharKazi

AzharKazi

Thanks for the reply brother.
    I have heard that Camera bug issue in Oreo is solved for Yu Black by our developers
    Incase if we start to get Oreo roms in this forum, Can we expect velocity kernel for Oreo roms in future?
    Asking because you said , you are switching to another device :)

13. dev.shinchan

dev.shinchan

camera is working, sagar shah fixed it, the only issue left is front camera lag.

14. anilsrj

anilsrj

Front camera is also working fine. no issue used footej camera, youcam ferfect extra..but i don't understand why sagar-shah is not posted here.many
    users don't no cosmic-os oreo 8.1 with working camera is released.

15. Frozen_Lemon

Its NOT released, cuz if it was, it'd be present here.
    And we know what the current bugs are and trying to fix it.

Still it you wanna use the build, go ahead...

anilsrj likes this.
  16. Nik777

Nik777

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showuser=2938582 you can write to him personally using QMS

17. anilsrj

anilsrj

Thankyou for your reply and thankyou for all who hard working on this device. it is possible our device yu5040 is make treble rom compatible?
    if it's possible we always updated without any issue. developer have to modify vendor partitation and update baseband,i think it is possible
    because xiaomi redmi 3s prime is 2 years old launched with android 6 but developer modify and it's now treble rom compatible.

18. Frozen_Lemon

Well we did have some treble builds for testing, but our device's partition is a bit small to include all the files, so currently its going to be non treble.

Let's first get O Here first, then we will check of treble can be done or not.

anilsrj and theRaJaK1601 like this.
  19. anilsrj

anilsrj

Thanks.......... Oreo camera is working fine but bluetooth is not working.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Frozen_Lemon likes this.
  20. anilsrj

anilsrj

Bro,when we get bug free Oreo based ROM,till now camera is working fine but Bluetooth is not connecting to another BT headphone.Thanks to all dev's are hard working to slove this issue.