[Guide] Yutopia [SAMBAR]: How To * Unlock Bootloader * Install Custom Recovery * Root * EFS Backup *

Discussion in 'Guides and [How-To]' started by Funk Wizard, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Funk Wizard

Funk Wizard YUTOPIA Yuser

Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Warning: Rooting does not void Yutopia’s warranty, though damaging your hardware (i.e., burning up your CPU/Motherboard by overclocking, hardbricking the device) will. You proceed at your own risk! I accept no responsibility for what you do with your phone. Follow the directions closely, and the odds are you will succeed without any trouble. If you are not sure what you are doing, do some more research before you try.

Lets begin [​IMG]

Index:

A. Drivers Installation
    B. Unlock Bootloader
    C. Install & Boot into Custom Recovery (TWRP) on Yutopia
    D. Make A Nandroid Backup With TWRP Recovery
    E. Root Your Stock Rom
    F. Backup EFS and Other Partitions

A. Drivers Installation Windows:

In order to Unlock, Root or Install Custom Recovery, you need to have the right set of Drivers to help your computer recognize your device. I used Windows 7 for this and it worked fine so should work for other windows as well.

Download and install Yutopia Drivers
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0p...ew?usp=sharing

Go through the setup, and when done, restart your PC. Connect your device to your windows and is shall recognize it [​IMG]

B. Unlock Bootloader:

PS: Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, as unlocking the Bootloader will completely wipe/delete all files on the device.

After the installation of drivers follow the below to proceed with Unlocking the Bootloader of your Yutopia:

1. Enable USB Debugging, Uncheck Update Cyanogen Recovery & Activate OEM Unlock:

* Go to Settings > About phone, and then tap ‘Build number’ 7 times or until you get the message ‘You’re now a developer!’.

* Go back to Settings, choose ‘Developer options’. Find the ‘USB debugging’ option and use this toggle button to enable it. Accept warning by tapping on OK button.

Screenshot_2016-01-11-12-08-30.png

In the ‘Developer options’. Find the ‘OEM Unlocking’ option and use its toggle button to enable it. It asks for your PIN/Screen unlock code, type it. Then accept the warning by tapping on OK button.

Screenshot_2016-01-11-12-08-08.png

* Also Uncheck Update Cyanogen recovery in developer options.

2. Boot your Yutopia into Bootloader/Fastboot mode. (Make sure you have backed up all important data as you’ll lose everything on phone in the steps below.)

3. Connect your Yutopia — in Bootloader mode — to PC. Let the driver install.

4. Open a command window on your PC. For this:

5. Open any folder on PC. Now, left click on empty white space inside the folder.

6. Hold shift key, right click on empty white space to get a pop-up and Choose Open command window here option from that. You will see a command window open up, with location directed to unlock folder.

7. Power off your phone then boot into fastboot mode (power + volume up).

8. Connect your phone to your windows via usb cable.

9. Confirm whether fastboot is working. With Yutopia connected to PC, run the following command in command window.

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 devices

10. If device is connected you will get following kind of output:

Fastboot Devices.JPG

11. If you dont get similar output it means that the drivers are not correctly installed or the device wasn't connected properly.

12. If the output is similar to above then run the following command:

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock

Unlock.JPG

13. Now reboot from fastboot mode and thats it [​IMG]

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot

To confirm unlock status, reboot into bootloader/fastboot mode and you shall see the text unlocked now.

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 device-info

Yutopia Device Info.JPG

C. Install & Boot into Custom Recovery (TWRP) on Yutopia

1. Download Modified TWRP:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0p...ew?usp=sharing

2. Enable USB debugging & Uncheck update Cyanogen Recovery from developer options once again.

3. Boot your Yutopia into bootloader mode.

4. Connect your Yutopia — in bootloader mode — to PC. Let the driver install.

Open a command window on your PC in the folder where you have the recovery.img file.

You will see a command window open up, with location directed to folder where you have the recovery.img file.

Let’s confirm whether fastboot is working. With Yutopia connected to PC, run the following command in command window. You should get a serial no. with fastboot written after it. If not, you need to reinstall the fastboot drivers from above.

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 devices
    (if the drivers are installed and device connected you would get the device serial number)

Flash TWRP recovery on your Yutopia by running the following command.

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash recovery recovery.img

After that run this command:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 boot recovery.img

TWRP YUTOPIA.JPG

This will boot your device directly to TWRP [​IMG]

Screenshot_1970-01-11-10-55-01.png

Or you can manually boot in recovery by unplugging the usb cable and then pressin POWER + VOL down until the device boots. When the YU logo shows up, relese the POWER and keep holding down VOL DOWN until TWRP boots up:

First boot into TWRP directly after flash is very important, Don't boot the OS on the phone as it may overwrite the recovery.

D. Make A Nandroid Backup With TWRP Recovery

Nandroid backup is a very important thing to have before installing any custom software on your device. It's basically a backup of your stock system that you can fall back on if anything goes wrong or if you just want your stock ROM back. You can also use the backup tool to create a backup of your favourite ROM set up exactly the way you like it. The backup you create can be easily restored using the restore tool in TWRP recovery.

All you need to do is enter TWRP recovery, select the backup option from the TWRP home screen, check the system/data/boot boxes, and swipe to backup. The process will take a few minutes.

Screenshot_1970-01-11-10-55-01.png Screenshot_1970-01-11-10-59-14.png Screenshot_1970-01-11-11-01-11.png

Please make this backup before you root, so that you possess unrooted system backup at all times which would come handy at the time of OTA updates.

Continued for Root & EFS Backup >>>>>

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. Funk Wizard

E. Root Your Stock Rom :D

Download: The latest SuperSU on your device.
    https://download.chainfire.eu/896/Su...0103015024.zip

Reboot to recovery

Tap on Install > Browse and Select SuperSU > Swipe to Confirm the Flash

Screenshot_1970-01-11-22-12-18.png

Once Done > Wipe Dalvik & Cache > Reboot System To Restart

Screenshot_1970-01-11-22-12-40.png

To Confirm the root status use a root checker app from play.

Screenshot_2016-01-11-10-45-17.png

F. Backup EFS and Other Partitions

1. Download Partitions Backup And Restore App from Playstore

2. Open the app and grant it root access.

Screenshot_2016-01-11-12-29-48.png

3. Click on the Settings icon above and select preference to .img

4. Select the partitions marked in yellow and backup them by clicking on the download like button at the bottom right.

Screenshot_2016-01-11-12-32-27.png

5. Go to the storage and search for the Partitions Backup folder there you will three .img files (modem,modemst1,modemst2) . Save them to your cloud and as many places as you want as they are very important files.

This way you can back up all other partitions too. (I recommend backing up all those that are not found in a factory image.

Now you possess an Unlocked YU - Yutopia with a Custom Recovery and Root Privileges [​IMG]

Cheers,

Funk Wizard [​IMG][​IMG]

Vishwa bandhu and Poison-Fang like this.
  3. Funk Wizard

>>>>>>>>>>>> Device Rooted, Custom Tuned by Funk Wizard :D

Screenshot_2016-01-11-10-45-17.png

Screenshot_2016-01-11-12-49-27.png

Screenshot_2016-01-11-12-52-52.png

4. Tanmay Vij

Tanmay Vij YUPHORIA Yuser

Which cm theme? Seems great :D

5. Arvind Rajput

Arvind Rajput

Where is adb and fastboot binary package

6. Funk Wizard

Drivers on the OP
    Universal Google Drivers would also work

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

7. Pranay hotkar

Pranay hotkar YUTOPIA Yuser

Thanks for the guide :cool::D

8. sanads

sanads

unable oem inlock
    plz help
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• yu.jpg
      yu.jpg
      File size:
      57.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Saurav

Saurav YUREKA Yuser

@sanads

Enable OEM unlocking under Developer option.
    [​IMG]

10. sanads

sanads

phone not starting, it is booting.
    i made a factory reset then its starting but need same gmail id to sign & start the device, but i forgot the gmail id???????
    now what to do?????

11. Funk Wizard

Either skip the signin or create a new I'd and sign in

12. sanads

sanads

unable create new id. it asking for old one which is registered to that mobile.
    no option for recreate new id

13. sanads

sanads

plz reply...

14. Funk Wizard

Factory reset or flash the stock ROM

15. sanads

sanads

factory reset no helping me as it need to old id pass to sign in after reset
    2nd unable to flash as root is required to flash.

16. rupeshrulzz

rupeshrulzz

I am unable to root my Yutopia. ADB is not detecting my phone in fastboot mode and due to this I can't unlock my bootloader.. I think I am unable to find the right drivers. None of the driver links given on the forums here work. I followed this thread
    http://forums.yuplaygod.com/threads/official-how-to-properly-root-the-yu-yutopia.32105/

On this thread clicking
    takes me to YUPHORIA driver page. I think that is not the right driver.
    Here is a screenshot of my device manager while my phone is connected to my PC in normal mode. Its Windows 7 (64 Bit). I also tried on Windows 10 (64 Bit) but I get the same problem.
    Someone please help.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  17. kamal Halder

kamal Halder

Same problem, when I am not able to boot in to the system now can I allow OEM unlocking permission, is there any way to Unlock the boot loader Via Fastboot Mode, A help is really appreciable ..