Announcing the YU Beta Testing Program!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by DooMLoRD, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DooMLoRD

DooMLoRD Super Coder Super Coder CodeCracker

UPDATE: Applications for Beta Testing Program of YUREKA PLUS are now OPEN!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

Beginning today we launch the YU Beta Testing program! This program will give select users access to our latest ‘work in progress’ software before the public release.

We now expand this program of Beta Testing the latest lollipop software for YU YUREKA PLUS phone!

This program will take your feedback to make YU's software more robust and error free for an improved quality and provide a better user experience.

Who can apply for this program?

Any YU forum member who has a YU YUREKA, YU YUPHORIA, YU YUREKA PLUS can apply for the program.

How to participate?

Apply for the Beta Testing Program by filling this form: http://bit.ly/YU_Beta_Prog_Form
    (applications for Beta Testing of YUREKA PLUS are now OPEN)

How will the beta tester be selected?

The selection of the Beta tester would be at YU Team’s discretion. The beta testers will be chosen on pre-set criteria.

What to do after the beta tester is selected?

After the selection is made, our team will get in touch with the user over email/forum and send a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).The user should read the clauses present in the NDA and if acceptable he would have to sign the NDA, scan it and send us a copy of this signed NDA.

What to do after sending the signed NDA?

We have created a private Beta Testers Group on forum for active discussions. The selected user will be added to this closed group. We encourage the selected users to participate in discussion about the beta-testing software in that closed group.

How will the user get the beta testing software?

After the latest software is ready, we will send the selected users, who have sent the signed NDA, links to download the software. It will only be flashable via fastboot/recovery. Instructions on how to flash the software will be provided.

NO OverTheAir (OTA) UPDATE WILL BE GIVEN.

WARNING:
    1. The entire data (including internal sdcard) on the device WILL BE WIPED, please take backup of all your contacts, files & internal sdcard.
    2. Once device is updated with Lollipop (64-bit), downgrading to Kitkat (32-bit) is not supported and may hard-brick the device! [YUREKA ONLY]
    3. Users are not permitted to share the software to anyone else or share it in public.

Important notice:
    All selected beta testers will continue to get warranty cover as prescribed in our Warranty statement.

How will the user report feedback on the test software build?

A feedback form will be provided to the user to submit their feedback/issues/bugs. These issues/bugs have to be clearly and appropriately labeled by the user. They should also mention steps to reproduce the error/bug/issue (wherever applicable). Our team will then go through the feedback and will act on it accordingly. The users are also encouraged to discuss their findings in the private Beta testing group: http://forums.yuplaygod.com/forums/beta-tester-closed-group.37/

Can the beta tester upgrade to the official public software once its released?

Yes. The beta tester can upgrade to the official public software.

For any questions about this program, feel free to sound off in this thread/closed group.

Regards,

YU Team

Note: YU Televentures Pvt. Ltd. reserves the right to modify or change all or any of the Terms and Conditions applicable.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  2. Sufi

Sufi Seek respect, not attention. YuBarons

Please read the thread carefully before posting anything!
    If you post something not related to the thread or something which is already mentioned above , Your post will be deleted and you might even get a warning.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    Vishwa bandhu and fullofhottie like this.
  3. anishsk

anishsk MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU! YuBarons YUKnight Keepers YUREKA Yuser

Hey @DooMLoRD
    I have already applied for the beta testing program but it will be helpful if you can to explain here or in a new thread why is it that after flashing 64 bit Lollipop one can't revert back to 32 bit KK?

A little knowledge on that will be highly enlightening for users like us!

For MODS: I couldn't understand how and where else to ask this question to Doomlord hence posted here. Also this is somewhat related to what's mentioned in the OP.

Answer:
    This is a partial answer to my question. A detailed explanation at a later stage will be good.

Thanks!

@sufoalmighty I am referring to the stage when the reason is known. Expecting a reason when its not known doesn't make sense at all.

4. Sufi

Sufi Seek respect, not attention. YuBarons

64-Bit bootloader just doesnt allow booting the older builds.
    They are still identifying the root cause, Cyanogen and YU's testing teams looking into it, They are working on it and I'm sure they will come up with a solution ASAP!
    @anishsk How can there be an explanation when you dont even know the cause?

Vishwa bandhu and anishsk like this.
  5. schubeir

schubeir I'M LOVIN' IT!!!! YUREKA PLUS Yuser YUREKA Yuser

I will of course be delighted to be a part of this group. Hope that I am selected. Will do whatever is needed to be done. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed too!

schubeir

thanx! lot of "firing blindly in the air" going on. i reserve my questions to be asked when I am selected.

schubeir

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
  6. DooMLoRD

DooMLoRD Super Coder Super Coder CodeCracker

which link? i have checked and all links in the thread are working fine...

7. DespairFactor

DespairFactor CodeCracker CodeCracker

This is a risk you take by flashing anything on your device

There may be an outside chance of that of course. Do you remember all ROMs and kernels have this warning?

schubeir

So once beta tester updates to LOLLIPOP cm12 he has no way to come back to KITKAT.?? Isn't it?

As of now, that seems to be the case. The 64 bit Lollipop may brick the device while reversing to 32 bit Kitkat.

schubeir

Applied for beta testing.
    I only want to know if the both the Sims are working in the beta build?

Guys if you use yureka as ur primary mbl then dont subcribe to beta updates ...... You would face many issues

Lucky to have spare mobiles and thanks @DooMLoRD for allowing us to test the beta updates.....

I want to be beta tester guyzzzz

wow.. 64 Bit LolliPop?? its nice to hear.. but what about 64-Bit apps? Pre-installed apps will be 64 bit or 32 Bit? I am crazy to see 64 Bit Android.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
  8. Ayush Tyagi

Ayush Tyagi YU Team Member YU-Team SuperYuser YuBarons Chief Curator YUTOPIA Yuser YUREKA Yuser

Let me givev you with an example.
    In Windows (on pc, laptop) there is always option to upgrade OS there is no option to revert back, to downgrade the OS back we have to format the system and do fresh install.
    Now coming to Yureka, as we know on the kitkat CM11 version the 64bit drivers were not active as Kitkat does not support 64bit lollipop does. Even lollipop runs on art runtime, current problem is that once 64 bit drivers get enabled downgrading to kitkat (32 bit) or any other kitkat or cm11 based rom will ruin your bootloader and the device will be bricked.

9. Parag Chaudhari

Parag Chaudhari YUREKA Yuser

A tiny request . If possible k preroot the beta test factory image so that we can get last_kmsg ,proc and other logs and preinstall this app catlog logcat reader. It allows us to record logcat live. So we guys can just upload the logcat at the end of the day

xeon zolt likes this.
  10. Snehit93

Snehit93

I'm in!! send me link for update soon so that i could test update asap. ;)

11. 007

007 •• ℓιcεηsε тσ кιℓℓ ••

MOD: After your selection into beta program we will be communicating requisite and required info.

12. hitesh rathod12

hitesh rathod12 YUREKA Yuser

after beta testing install
    official version uneatable or not?

13. Funkysourav

Funkysourav

Since the Beta Testers are taking a big risk in installing beta Lollypop which may or may not irreparably Hard brick their devices,
    is there any "Safety Net" being offered as well? That is a fully free service by "Micromax" if device gets Hard bricked.
    Considering as that you are inviting applications for a potentially dangerous job and aren't offering any proper "Incentives" as well?
    or are there any "Incentives"/Rewards being offered to those who are being willing to take such big risk for YU?

shivanshu0007 and pkdlca like this.
  14. 007

007 •• ℓιcεηsε тσ кιℓℓ ••

As per YU 's T&C it will be served , Rooting is covered.
    Beta program testing is volunteering for 1st hand experience and depends upon bugs found. It is not for everyone .

Further Yu team will decide who will Get the 1st hand experience.

luvyu likes this.
  15. prrash

prrash YUREKA Yuser

Applied ;) *fingers crossed*

Rithwik Kandukuri likes this.
  16. Ashish Patil

Ashish Patil

Great :) it seems like we are going to test lollypop soon :p ;) @DooMLoRD

17. Funkysourav

Funkysourav

So there are no additional "Incentives" so to speak?

18. Ayush Tyagi

Ayush Tyagi YU Team Member YU-Team SuperYuser YuBarons Chief Curator YUTOPIA Yuser YUREKA Yuser

What other incentives do you want..?
    They are not forcing you to help only those who are willing to test the build in before official release.

fullofhottie likes this.
  19. Funkysourav

Funkysourav

Yes, but it is imperative for any Beta program to hand out Incentives to the testers, you can't ask for a service from the masses and expect it to be free.
    Even if you do, I'm not quite sure if many would be interested.
    Offering Incentives serves not only ethically but its better on the long run too,
    as you get more dedicated testers/debuggers as opposed just the "Yaay its new I must see it" crowd.
    As for "What Incentives", its for the company to decide.
    Just make it worth the time and potential pain.

shivanshu0007, pkdlca and prakashrh like this.
  20. pkprasanna

pkprasanna QRS QRS

What if bootloader is already unlocked.
    As said 64 bit bootloader wont support 32 bit.

So if bootloader already unlocked , will ot lead to consequences, or any other issues??

And if no issue then after upgrading will bootloader get locked automatically??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.