[09Feb][UNOFFICIAL][5.1.1]CarbonROM [CM Based + AICP|AOKP|Slim|Omni Features]

Discussion in 'ROMs' started by kapiljhajhria, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Pranay hotkar

Pranay hotkar YUTOPIA Yuser

So you're getting the source from Google repos ?

2. NCorp.

NCorp. CEO, N-Studios

That's what I have learned from my understanding, hence they are called AOSP ( Android Open Source Project ), Google's repo

3. Pranay hotkar

Crazy ,
    I am a software engineer, ask me if you want any help. Though I cannot compile ROMs , I can help you with the code.

4. NCorp.

NCorp. CEO, N-Studios

I think @kapiljhajhria would need your help more than me. All my understanding comes from what I have read about Android. I don't have a clue about compiling ROMS ( Once tried failed miserably... ) and my code knowledge is really basic. He may need some help on porting some parts of AOSP to our device.

5. Pranay hotkar

Yeah , I'd be glad.

NCorp. likes this.
  6. Pareenjapuneet

Pareenjapuneet YUTOPIA Yuser

Hey guys,

I don't know shit about android ROM development but if you can give me some places to start I might create a good ROM.

Can you Help Me?

7. Pranay hotkar

Me too , I know programming in general and I am good with Java and Android as well. I would like to make Roms. I just need a head start.

8. NCorp.

NCorp. CEO, N-Studios

This site should be just what you need : - http://xda-university.com/as-a-developer/introduction-how-an-android-rom-is-built

Its also the one I referred when starting out and its one of the major guides that's shaped my understanding of android, P.S : Its also a long read but there are no short cuts, you must read to progress. Read to Win !

These sites are also good references :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/ultimate-guide-compile-android-kernel-t2871276
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/chef-central/android/guide-android-rom-development-t2814763

Pranay hotkar likes this.
  9. Pranay hotkar

Thanks a lot master :D

10. kapiljhajhria

kapiljhajhria YUPHORIA Yuser YUREKA Yuser

so i have compiled ROM for my OP2, that was a success, compiling now for yutopia. its building now. if i don't run into any big error then i should have a test build tomorrow. its MM based ROM. will let you all know when build is ready.

and google only post AOSP code for nexus devices and android in general. you need device specific code, vendor code and device kernel code. all that is shared by device manufacturer, not Google. Some awesome developers may port device tree from other similar devices or start from scratch and gather some code from here and there and write the other parts themselves. i just compile ROMs from sources and also aware of few edits thats needed it for porting the ROM to similar device. thats why i first compile ROM for op2 and then do it for yutopia as they are almost identical when hardware is compared.

11. kapiljhajhria

kapiljhajhria YUPHORIA Yuser YUREKA Yuser

looks like i spoke too soon, 40 minutes into compiling i ran into error have faced this error first time so it might take a while. hope this is the only error that i face. fingers crossed.

i have created telegram group for YU yutopia. if any one of you want any update on this new build you can join that group and ask me about the update or any ROM related stuff, if any one of you is interested in ROM compiling.
    https://telegram.me/joinchat/B8db5QpRaMNCiok2vrYc-g

12. Pranay hotkar

Awesome.
    I'll test it.

13. NCorp.

NCorp. CEO, N-Studios

Cool man, I am also ready to test it.
    As soon as I fix my microUSB port ( I broke it... ), which is probably today

14. NCorp.

NCorp. CEO, N-Studios

Any luck ?

15. Pranay hotkar

This shows that there are many people who want custom Roms for this phone.
    Why aren't developers compiling Roms then ?

16. Aadithya

Aadithya YUTOPIA Yuser

The telegram link does not exist. Could you update it??